Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sleep, GLORIOUS Sleep!

**HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY ISAAC****MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!***
The Isaacs household has had quite the active couple of weeks! The Colts made it to the Superbowl (however we still are not quite talking about the final game in our home just yet - I give it a couple more months!). Also, my mom and Fran spent last weekend at our house making a baby quilt - it turned out beautifully! I cannot wait to get it all completed and post some photos. Charley has been busy playing in the mounds of snow and keeping himself busy being his hilarious self. Sunday he looked at me and said, "Mommy, I need to show the baby something." He lifted my shirt over my belly, made a silly face and began laughing. I said, "ooh, the baby really loved that, I bet he thought that was pretty funny!" Charley agreed.

Recently the biggest struggle has been my inability to get a full night sleep. For the past 2 weeks it hasn't mattered what time I go to bed, but inevitably I wake up to use the restroom and my body tells me that I'm awake for the day. This has caused a lot of stress on my body and complete frustration and exhaustion. My blood pressure was ridiculously high last week and I ended up having to be monitored at the hospital to be sure I don't have any signs of pre-eclampsia...which I passed with flying colors. My blood pressure has since calmed down and the doctor prescribed Ambien to help with sleeping. The first two nights the Ambien did absolutely nothing and I still only got 3 hours of sleep per night - UGH! But......last night was GLORIOUS!!!!!! Went to bed at 11:00p.m. and......wait for it.....wait for it........WOKE UP AT 6:30a.m. - THE BELLS WERE RINGING!!!!! Oh how lovely I feel! No headaches, no grogginess, just a great feeling of restfulness! Thank you doctor and THANK YOU AMBIEN! *I should note that poor Mitch came to bed around midnight, said I was snoring and he didn't want to bother me so he slept on the couch. Thanks honey!*







No comments: