Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Charley LOVES the Dentist!

Oh, I could just kick myself for forgetting my camera this morning! I blame it on the dog…YES, I can do that! I set the camera on the table, plugged the battery into the wall and then Sampson started making that terribly awful noise of urgency that he was going to get sick all over my floor. I bolted to the back door (while hitting my knee on the butcher block and then again on the kitchen table…this I blame on my sheer clumsiness!). I unlocked the back door only for Sampson to throw up just before running outside. Thank you very much. Needless to say the preggers in me had a very difficult time consulting with my gag reflex and cleaning up the mess. This all set us behind to head to Charley’s first visit with the DENTIST!

This visit has been planned for the last six months. We’ve read plenty of books about going to the dentist and the importance of brushing twice a day. We have made every effort to make sure Charley was excited about the dentist visit but at the same time didn’t expect to have a grand old time as if he were heading to King’s Island! Our dental office had initially recommended Charley sit on Mommy’s lap during a cleaning so he could see what happens and how fun it can be.

Upon arrival Charley checked himself in by politely telling the receptionist his name, he then helped Mommy fill out paperwork and quietly played with some toys while we waited. Miss Jill then called us back and Charley grabbed his bag of toys and rushed to her side. He followed Miss Jill to the exam room, to which he plopped himself in the chair and proudly stated “OKAY, I’M READY!” So much for Charley needing to be prepped and watching Mommy! Charley's generally a well behaved little boy, but I couldn't believe how well he did during the entire cleaning!

Although I attribute the positive dentist trip to Miss Jill being such an incredible hygienist and wonderful with him, Mommy was extremely proud of our little Charley! He was such a little man following instructions and being quite the trooper while she cleaned his teeth. He even got his first x-rays taken, which was quite impressive since he had to stand in a space shuttle looking machine, bite a certain way on a stick, rest his chin just so and stay very still. Way to go Charley & Miss Jill for getting some perfectly clear x-rays! The trip ended with a brand new toothbrush & lots of stickers.

(Side note: Mommy did just fine during her cleaning as well; however when I chose "mint" for my flavor of flouride our new little dental expert Charley recommended and insisted I try the Strawberry).

I will not forget my camera next time!

Baby check visit happens this afternoon - very happy to report that we've surpassed 34 weeks!

No comments: